At Home Karaoke
I’ve always emphasized that whenever you try something new, you should always have fun while doing it. Music is a great way to learn English because there are many different genres and platforms to listen: YouTube, Spotify, and iTunes just to name a few. Everyone loves singing thier favorites songs and one website that I would recommend is LyricsTraining
. I love using LyricsTraining to practice singing in Spanish but you can use it for English and other languages as well.
How does it work?
1. It’s free so you don’t have to create an account unless you want your score to appear online.
2. Make sure the language is set to English. Then search for your favorite song or artist (they may not have all the songs from some artists).
3. Once you have decided on a song pick your level: Beginner, Intermediate, Advanced or Expert.
4. Start the video and get prepared to write in all the missing words.
5. Don’t worry if you don’t understand because you can replay the section that you didn’t understand but be quick because it’s timed and once the time is up you LOSE!
6. Lastly, remember Have Fun!
Why do I recommend it?
The songs are always up to date! You are practicing two different skills at the same time.
Music is universal and everyone enjoys it. If you haven’t read my last article about romantic songs for Valentine's Day Songs
you should! Then I challenge you to practice these on LyricsTraining
If you would like to talk about music or if you would like to challenge me to a competition on LyricsTraining sign up Free English Class